Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What to do with your life...

I've been reading chunks of "Best of Technology Writing 2007" via my DailyLit subscription. Best of Technology Writing is a culmination of articles that range from the philosophical diatribe to business ballyhoo. The portion I just finished reading was from Aaron Swartz called "A Non-Programmer's Apology". Its one of those interesting philosophical reads that takes you through a brief journey of 'What profession should I choose or attempt to do....'. I think most of us seem to ask this question at least once during our life. I'm almost forty and I remember three very distinct times where I struggled with this very same question. I assume I will struggle with it again in the future.

Am I right to assume that most people struggle with the question: "What type of work should I do for a living?"?

No comments: